How to Find Volunteer Opportunities
- Visit www.polk-county.net/volunteerpolk
- Click on the Volunteer Match icon to view volunteer listings all over Polk.
- Click assignment headings of interest to view descriptions, age requirements and location maps.
- Click “I want to help” on each assignment you are interested in
Let Volunteer Polk do the work for you of having the agencies contact you. It’s just that simple.
Check back weekly as new assignments are always being added.
How to Submit Community Service Hours
Below please find information about community service. Please read all the information. Any questions? Please contact Mrs. Fraker:
Community Service Coordinator@firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SENIORS must submit all hours by April 15th, by 2:00 PM to count towards senior awards. Any submitted after this date will not be accepted for the awards ceremony.
- Need a scholarship? Please see your counselor for more details.
- PEF/PSC Scholarships: hours are due prior to December break.
- All hours must be recorded yearly. This school year MUST be submitted prior to the last day of your school year. Any submitted after will not be accepted.
- It is the student’s responsibility to keep all signed log sheets. Students might be asked to present for validation.
Awarded in the Senior year to wear at graduation
- 250-999 Hours:
- White Medallion and Silver Cord
- Embossed Certificate
- 1,000 Hours or more:
- Exceeding Expectations Medal (Black Medallion) & Silver Cord
- Embossed Certificate
Community Service Guidelines
Hours MUST be performed before or after school hours or on a non-school day. For other approved community service opportunities click here: LHS Community Service Opportunities
If you do not see the agency in which you want to volunteer, you MUST email Mrs. Fraker for approval before starting services @ email@example.com.
|APPROVED AGENCIES||NOT APPROVED|
|Any Public School||Services performed for pay|
|American Cancer Society||Job Shadowing|
|Boys & Girls Club||Hours completed during school day|
|Chamber of Commerce||Court ordered|
|Habitat for Humanity||Hours signed by family members|
|LRC Learning Resource Center||Church services/activities done during services/teaching class/door to door witness|
|Libraries||Saturday School/detention/work detail|
|Non-Profit Agencies||Services related to armed forces|
|Polk Museum of Art||Extra-Curricular activites/clubs (during normal times)|
|United Way Agencies||Cleaning House|
|VISTE (Volunteers Service the Elderly)||Salons|
|YMCA||For profit organizations|
For additional logs: PCSB Bright Futures Community Service Hours Log
Submit hours below:
(Remember to keep your written logs as a record)