Sophomores and Juniors, ACT is giving away three $5,000 scholarships and one $40,000 scholarship. All sophomores and juniors who take the ACT on April 13, June 8, or July 13 will be entered into the contest. Visit act.org for more information and official rules.
Additional New PEF Scholarship: LHS Class of 1958 Scholarship
This is a $1,000 scholarship for Lakeland High School seniors only. All other requirements can be found within the application. Click 2019 Lakeland High School Class of 1958 for a printable version of the application. Application must be post marked to PEF by Friday March 8th, 2019.
2019 Polk Education Foundation (PEF) online application is now open!
PEF application can be found here.
Helpful to the process:
- Frequently asked scholarship questions and answers
- Helpful hints for the scholarship application process
Two Important 2019 PEF Deadlines
- Online application deadline 2/13/19 by noon
- Hardcopy to Mrs. Marsh by 2/14/19 by 3pm
Helpful Scholarship Apps for Mobile Phones:
RaiseMe is a way for High School students to begin earning college scholarships as early as 9th grade:
Find more info here.
Directions for FAFSA and Bright Futures:
Polk State College Foundation Scholarships are open February 1-March 15 of each year.
More information here
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
Southern Scholarship Foundation provides rent-free cooperative living housing scholarships for students with financial need, good character, and strong academic merit. We are not cash-based, but rather operate large, dorm-style houses on or near the campuses we serve.
Deadline: April 1, 2019 (for fall semester)
Church Women United of Lakeland
Church Women United of Lakeland, FL present scholarship opportunities to qualifying senior girls. In order to qualify, students must submit an application, as well as:
- A letter explaining future goals and how you plan to use the scholarship money
- Official copies of results of any SAT or ACT tests
- Official copies of high school/college transcripts to be sent to the Scholarship Committee contact
- Three references: Personal, Professional, and Work
For application and more information, contact Mrs. Burris at Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 5, 2019
2019 Lakeland Electric STEAM Scholarship
Lakeland Electric is proud to offer up to 8 $1,000 scholarships for students pursuing degrees in S.T.E.A.M. disciplines.
- Student must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Student must have at least 75 community service hours
- Student must have a minimum SAT – 1170 or ACT – 26
- Income is not considered
- Parent/guardian must be Lakeland Electric customers
- The student must demonstrate an interest in S.T.E.A.M activities and a desire to major in a S.T.E.A.M discipline. (If claims undecided major, please explain.)
- Preference for students holding/held a job during high school career
There are two additional essays required:
- Share a true story of how you or someone you know was positively impacted by Lakeland Electric. (You must have subject give permission to share their story.)
- Describe your interest in S.T.E.A.M subjects and state how intended college major is S.T.E.A.M related.
Applications must be received by April 18, 2019
Club Hispano de Lakeland is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for education, scholarships and charitable causes. This opportunity is available for students that meet the following criteria:
- One or both parents must be of Hispanic origin
- Student must require substantial financial assistance
- Be eligible for graduation in the application year
- Minimum GPA of 2.25
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members
- Complete and submit the scholarship application
- Must submit a letter to the scholarship committee explaining educational goals, aspirations, and anything other important information
- Must submit signed high school transcripts
Scholarships will be awarded after a valid college ID or letter of acceptance has been provided. Funds will be mailed directly to the financial institution on behalf of the recipient. Scholarship amounts will range between $1,000 and $2,000 per student, depending on available funds.
Download and fill out your application here.
Applications must be postmarked by April 19, 2019
This scholarship opportunity is available to seniors who are involved in an extra-curricular organization or are actively involved in other related activities of the school. To find out more information, fill out the application form found here.
Deadline: May 1, 2019
Find a detailed list of all scholarship opportunities here:
In searching for scholarships, be sure to check out the financial aid link on the website of the college or university you have selected to attend. There are often scholarships specific to your college or university.